May 11th, 2020
Phase 1 Reopening Guidelines
Today’s the day! We are thrilled to announce that today, Monday May 11, The Brass Onion is able to open our dining room to our beloved patrons! We are so excited to welcome you back as well as our team members to serve you with the food and hospitality you have come to know and expect from The Brass Onion. Thank you so much for your patience and continued support during these unprecedented times. We strongly encourage reservations in order for our staff to ensure the success of our new operating procedures
We have been and will continue to monitor the guidelines set forth by the CDC, FDA, NRA, and state and local governments to ensure both employee and guest safety.
We will operate in compliance with guidelines established by Johnson County, KS as well as adopt any additional guidelines we feel will best ensure your safety in The Brass Onion.
Temporary Hours Effective May 11:
Things may look a little different as we transition to a “new normal.” Here are some of the steps we are taking so you can confidently dine at The Brass Onion:
- Redesigned floor plans both indoor and outdoor with appropriate spacing to ensure proper social distancing
- Tables in use shall be appropriately spaced, and tables not in use will be clearly marked
- No groups greater than 8 will be allowed to dine at the same table
- We will seat stools at a bar or counter with proper space to encourage social distancing
- Entry and exit will be clearly marked to promote appropriate social distancing
Health and Hygiene:
- Staff shall wear gloves and face masks while working
- All staff shall complete a pre-shift health and temperature screening
- Any staff member exhibiting any signs of illness shall not be allowed to work
- All menus shall either be single-use and disposed after each use, or sanitized after each use
- Hand sanitizer shall be available at the host stand, point of ordering or tables
- Hand sanitizer shall be placed in various areas of the restaurant for staff use and guest use
- Any pens provided for customer use shall be sanitized between use
- Caddies and table tents shall not be used on tables where guests are sat
- Removal of communal items from tables (ex: salt & pepper, all available upon request)
- There shall be no pre-set service ware
- No self-service food such as topping bars or buffets will be available
- Tables, chairs, booths, highchairs and stools will need to be cleaned and disinfected after every use
- High touch point traffic areas such as door handles and counters will be disinfected at least every hour
- Guests shall not be allowed to congregate at the host stand or entryway
- Restrooms will be single occupancy, and guests should denote if they are in the restroom
- Guest will not be allowed to congregate outside of the restrooms
- The use of a proprietary stylus pen for each server will be required for use on the point of sale terminal
- Guests will be given the option of disposable or stainless steel (pre-rolled) flatware
- Frequent cleaning of all restaurant surfaces, especially those surfaces that are high touch and high traffic.
Let’s do this together!
We appreciate your patience with us as we transition to a “new normal.” We also ask that you help us with our commitment to health and safety in the following ways:
- If tables are occupied when you arrive, we ask guests to wait outside the building or in their vehicle to maintain social distancing
- Our host will take down your name and cell phone number and you will receive a text or call when your table is ready.
- Our host may greet you outside or at your vehicle to maintain proper social distancing
- If you have recently been exposed to COVID-19 or have symptoms of COVID-19 (including a fever, cough or shortness of breath), please utilize our curbside pickup service or delivery.
- If you have underlying health conditions or are otherwise concerned about contracting COVID-19, please utilize our curbside pickup service or delivery.
- Follow social distancing guidelines of 6ft
- Avoid touching your face
- In the event that you have to cough or sneeze, please cover your nose and mouth
- Be kind and courteous
Carryout and Delivery:
- We encourage curbside pickup and offer it to those guests that request it. Place your carryout order at www.thebrassonion.com or call 913.851.5940
- We will maintain a clearly marked area for customers to receive pickup orders with appropriate social distancing
We look forward to having you dine with us!
The Brass Onion Team
March 12, 2020
Just like you, we are closely monitoring new developments regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The health and safety of your guests is of the utmost importance.
We are committed to doing everything we can to ensure to you that The Brass Onion is operating our company at the highest of safety and health standards.
Therefore, we’ve decided to raise our usual standards of cleanliness and health safety. We didn’t become the leader in guest experiences by maintaining the status quo; you can count on us to be a leader in meeting the challenge of the coronavirus.
What We Are Doing:
We have implemented several new policies and procedures, which follow recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- We are in constant communication with our employees to reinforce our sanitization safety procedures in both guest-facing and back-of-house areas.
- Hand sanitizers are located throughout back of house locations at our commissary. Sanitizers are refilled and checked regularly.
- Touch points, such as handrails, door handles and knobs are cleaned multiple times throughout the day.
- Surfaces such as front desk, restaurant counters and dining tables are disinfected regularly in our restaurants
- All departments have implemented hand washing or sanitizing procedures to take place multiple times during the employee’s shift.
- All employees are instructed frequently on correct hand washing and sanitizing procedures.
- Employees are instructed to wash hands before and after eating and before returning to a work area.
- Proper procedures are posted in all back-of-house work areas.
- All Brass Onion employees are prohibited from and instructed not to report to work with a potential illness that can be transmitted to others.
- If any employee were to be diagnosed as having Coronavirus, they would be placed on a Medical Leave of Absence immediately.
We will continue to monitor the situation and remain up to date on information released by the CDC. We fully intend to serve you with the highest possible service and consideration to this matter.